Frequently Asked Questions
Applying for a job at Google can be much like facing a massive, and you can find yourself in a tight hold of questions such as Where do I start?, What will I need?, How do I prepare?, etc. Fret not, we have the answers!
- Apply online: you can apply directly through google website and apply online on any job posting websites
- Employee referrals: you can directly connect with employee via LinkedIn and any other website or app and request them to offer you a job. If you know someone who works at google use that initial opportunity speed up your application.
- Campus placements: If your goal is to get placed in google you can apply to colleges/universities where google visits for placement programs.
Highest Paying Jobs in India
- Medical Professionals (Doctors & Surgeons)
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Experts
- Blockchain Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Product Management
- Management Consultant
- Investment Banker
- Chartered Accountant
- Marketing Manager
Responsibilities of a Data Entry Operator include collecting & entering the data in databases and maintaining accurate records of valuable company information. An ideal candidate for this job has essential data entry skills, like fast typing speed with an eye for details and familiarity with spreadsheets and online forms. You will work with a Data Manager and a team.
Responsibilities for this Job are:
- putting customer and account data by inserting numerical information and text from source documents within limits.
- preparing source data for computer entry by compiling, verifying & sort information.
- checking output & reviewing data for deficiencies or errors, correct any mismatched if possible.
- Research and obtain information for incomplete documents to make them wholesome
- Apply data program techniques and procedures
- perform backup operations, store completed work selected locations.
- Scan documents and print files, when needed
- Keep information confidential
- To access relevant files and information you will have to respond to the queries
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
Rejecting a Job Offer in 5 Easy Steps
- Do it by mobile. It's the best way to reject a job offer.
- Send an email.
- Reject a job offer won't kick down the ladder
- Thank them for offering.
- Give a nonspecific reason.
- Ask to stay in touch after you rejecting the job.
Thank you so much for the offer to work as a [position_name]. I am very happy meeting both you and the team
Sadly, I'll have to reject this offer, since the position doesn't fit with my current career goals.
I'm happy by the possibility of working at your company in the future. I wish you the very best in your search for the perfect candidate and that you find him soon. Would you be open to connecting on LinkedIn so we can keep in touch?
A one-page document that you submit as part of your job application (alongside your CV or Resume) is well known as cover letter.
Purpose of this document is to introduce you and briefly summarize your professional background. On average, your cover letter should be from 250 to 400 words long.
A good cover letter can trigger the HR manager's interest and make them to read your CV carefully.
On the contrary, a bad cover letter, might mean that your application is going straight to the trash bin. It's essential to know how to write a convincing cover letter so this doesn't happen.
Add the following points in your job application email:
- Your purpose for writing
- What role you're applying to
- Why you're interested in this role
- What makes you qualified for this job
- What new you can add to the company
- Your contact information
Dear [HR's Name],
I recently saw your job posting for the [Job Position] position on [where you saw it]. Based on the information provided by you, I am quite interested in this position. Upon reviewing my application, I hope that you can see why I would be a good fit for this job
[Two paragraphs about your previous job experience.]
I Thank you in advance for taking the time to look through my application materials. If you have any questions about the information I included, please connect to me. I look forward to hearing from you. My resume is attached to the email.
[Your Contact Information]
BPO stands for Business Process Outsourcing. A great career option for freshers, whether they are students of technical or non-technical background.
Responsibilities of this Job:
- you will have to manage large amount of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- research every issue and provide solutions or alternatives & Identify customers' needs clarify information.
- Seize any opportunities to upsell products when they occur
- Engage customers by taking extra mile & build sustainable relationships.
- Keeping records of all the conversations in call center database in a understandable manner.
- To improve knowledge and performance level frequently attend educational seminars.
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets.
There are two major types of CV-
- Skills focused CV - useful for those who are freshers and want to switch career.
- Work focused CV - useful for those who are experienced in their career field for showing work experience.
To make your CV look good:
use black color and Easy-to-read font in same size
Use short sentences and easy to understand language
Use bullet points to list information wherever possible
Keep the tone formal
Avoid abbreviations, slangs or jargon
Make it spacious and easy to read with lots of white space & have strong headings to differentiate different parts of CV
Keep your CV to two pages
CV should be saved as both word(.docx) document and pdf since employer may need either one of these file formats
Name your CV with your name and the job you're applying for
What to put in your CV:
Your name, contact details and position applying for *
Personal Skills and Technical skills *
Work, Community and Volunteer experience *
Qualifications and Education *
References / Referees[who referred you to job] *
an Objective and Personal statement *
job-specific information *
A CV must include:
A CV could also include:
Job analysis is a systematic procedure to collect and identify the content of a job in terms of the activities it involves in addition to the attributes or requirements necessary to perform those activities. Job analysis provides details to companies that helps them decide which candidates are best fit for specific jobs.
The main responsibility in content writing job is providing relevant content for websites according to the business need. People who specializes in such task are known as a Website content writer or web content writer. Every website has a specific audience they wish to target and this requires the most relevant content to attract this audience for business.
A job description as name suggests is a written narrative that describes the responsibilities, general tasks, or other related duties of a position. It may specify & document that clearly states essential job requirements, job duties, job responsibilities, and skills required to perform a specific role. A detailed job description will mention how success is measured in that role so it can be used in performance evaluations.
Freelance, freelancer, or freelance worker, are terms commonly used for a person who is self-employed and not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term. Freelance workers are sometimes represented by a company or a temporary agency that resells freelance labor to clients; others work independently or use professional associations or websites and their network to get work.
freelancing is when one uses his skills, education, and experience to work with multiple clients and take on different assignments without committing to a single employer. The number of assignments or tasks that one can take depends upon the ability to deliver on them as asked from employer on proper deadlines.
Freelancing usually involves jobs (called gigs) that allow you to work-from-home situations. But don't think freelancing is same as having a work-from-home job. It solely depends upon the employer.
Step by step guide to Make a Resume
- Pick the Right Resume Format & Layout
- Mention Your Personal Details & Contact Information
- Use a Resume Summary or Objective
- List Your Work Experience & Achievements
- Mention Your Top Soft & Hard Skills
- (Optional) Include Additional Resume Sections - Languages, Hobbies, etc.
- Tailor Your Information For the Job Ad
- Craft a Convincing Cover Letter
- Proofread Your Resume and Cover Letter
A notice period in employment is the duration which needs to be given to the employee by the employer or to the employer by the employee before the employment can be terminated. An employee can be terminated sooner if they breach their agreement
Firstly identify your area of interest and apply to companies related to the area of interest or where you want to explore .
Understand the market trend and apply to all small and big companies .Follow rigorously on all job portal like jobringer ,shine ,carreerbuilder,freshers ,naukri ,monster etc. but also make sure to visit companies portal individually and apply in their careers section.
Resume is the first face which showcases you to the interviewer. Make sure it has all the points positively presented in a precise manner with NO spelling mistake and please remember to specify your hobby .Hobby is used to identify how much you put in efforts for the subject you love ,so don't fake it .Freshers resumes should not be more then a page max 2 ,don't make it too lengthy and don't repeat the data.
While facing the interviewer , speak the truth with a mild tone and a smiling face .Confidence is a MUST .Body language and self presentation is to be taken care of .Need not be extra humble/overfriendly /over-Chessy ,remember they want you as much as you want them.
Prepare well .Have a brief idea about the company and the profile you going to apply .Keep your goal in mind while answering.
Remote work means working from anywhere other than the office, which can be your home , café or any other place.
Instead of coming to the office and communicating with team members face to face, remote workers use digital tools to handle tasks, complete projects, and communicate with their team.
A biodata typically includes a range of specific factual information about an individuals biodata focuses on number of details about a person such as; name, age, color, height, skills, hobbies, allergies etc.
In many cases, a biodata is used for profiling an individual. The pieces of information referred to as biodata are usually tailored to suit the context of request. this serves as a criterion for evaluating or assessing the individual in question.
Top 11 Jobs for Women and Girls in India :
- Human Resources
You can be a doctor and specialize in any of the following fields:
- General Physician
- Child Specialist
It's Ford now! Automaker to cut 3,200 EU jobs, union says, vowing to fight
More Google employees to lose jobs?
Dow Inc plans to cut 2,000 jobs or 5% of workforce
Back IT, startups may cut up to 20,000 jobs in next 6 months
Elevator-maker Kone to slash 1,000 jobs, sees recovery in Asia
In latest round of layoffs by tech majors, SAP cutting 2,900 jobs and IBM 3,900
Healthcare jobs gaining prominence, Bangalore leads job postings in India
Layoffs in India: GoMechanic to fire 70 per cent of its workforce
Microsoft latest to join layoff wave, to cut over 10,000 jobs
Amazon HR staffers turn from hiring to seeking jobs themselves